- FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION: Comprehensive examination and health history. We will discuss your cosmetic options, the surgery and post-op care. Our office staff will help you with your insurance and payment options, including 0% financing from CareCredit.
- TAKE Cone Beam, 3-D X-RAY at radiology service located in Beverly Hills. 3-D x-rays helps us pinpoint precisely and with much greater ease the exact location for your implants, everything can be seen, from the nerves and bones to the sinuses. Watch the video below to learn more.
- PRE-SURGICAL APPOINTMENT: We will go over your options based on the 3-D X-ray images. We will answer any questions you may have and also give you a printed copy of your post-op care instructions to take home. We will prescribe required post-op pain medication, antibiotics and oral sedation pills (if that is an option you chose), so you can fill your prescription and start medications as instructed by your doctor. We will set up follow up appointments. We recommend you follow a soft diet the first few days after surgery so you don’t put undue stress on your new implants, so you may want to go shopping pre-surgery for soft foods like mashed potatoes, mac-n-cheese, soups, cottage cheese, yogurt etc.
- IN SOME CASES THE EXTRACTION OF A TOOTH is indicated, it may not be possible to place the implant at the same visit due to severe bone loss or presence of an infection. In such case it may be necessary to graft the extraction socket (the space where the extracted root was taken from) Bone grafts usually have to heal 5 months before implants can be placed.
- IMPLANT SURGERY APPOINTMENT: implant fixture is surgically placed in the bone, if necessary bone graft and membrane will be done. Depending on many factors your surgeon may decided to submerge the implants under the gum and allow it to integrate for few months or may have it non-submerged. Typical time for bone integration of a dental implant is 4-6 months depending on the bone quality. A temporary crown or denture will be fabricated either at this visit or subsequent visits depending on the extent of surgery
- APPOINTMENT TO TAKE IMPRESSIONS: After the implants have integrated into your bone in the jaw, we will take an impression of the upper and lower jaws. This impression is used by our restorative dentist to plan for your final natural looking teeth.
- ABUTMENT AND CROWN PLACEMENT APPOINTMENT: an abutment (part that fits over the portion of the implant that protrudes from the gum line) and crown are placed, cemented and adjusted. Now you can leave our office SMILING! Show off your new smile, you will have every reason to!
3D X-rays video